- They typically begin a new diet on a Monday.
- They try to speed up the process by under-eating and over-exercising.
- They enjoy the thrill of eliminating certain foods.
- They battle strong urges to eat unhealthy foods and skip exercise.
- They use the words "good" or "bad" to describe certain foods and their eating behavior.
- They fall off the wagon after just one bad night and sometimes even after just making one bad food choice.
- They are convinced that past failed attempts were a lack of effort, or failing to stay focused.
How does the perfectionistic dieter break free of a pattern that simply doesn't work? The answer is to shift to the 80/20 approach, which means learning to make healthy choices 80% of the time. This approach leaves room in your weight loss program for both planned and surprise indulgences.
IS THIS YOU????