Studies show that when a person has three or more different sources of solid support, she has a much greater chance of preventing her lost weight from creeping back. Equally important to strengthening your team is to take appropriate steps to reduce your chances of being sabotaged by close friends and family members.
Good team members are:
- Non-Judgmental: They never judge you for your decisions.
- Positive and Inspiring: They help you "re-frame" your setbacks and help you see how to move forward toward your goals.
- Good Listeners: They truly listen to what you are saying.
- Altruistic: They truly care about your success. They go out of their way to support you in reaching your goal and never do anything that sabotages your efforts.
- Reliable: You can count on them to be there for you.