Friday, January 1, 2010

Diets Don't Work...NOT!

Hi everyone! My name is Alison and I knew Jenn in our singles ward many moons ago.

I just wanted to share something with you I learned last year. You know how the books say that diets don't work? I believe that to be wrong. Diets do work. Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc. You CAN lose weight by doing them. For so many years I have read books about emotional eating, hoping I'd find the secret to weight loss. If I could just nail "my problem", I'd be set for life. It never happened. Last year I did a Biggest Loser contest with some friends and I lost 20 lbs. It was harder than anything I have ever done, but I did it. So the truth is that dieting isn't easy, it's HARD, and it doesn't really matter because you still have to do it to lose weight. You have to battle the stress, the parties, the pain, fear, ups, and downs. To lose weight you have to eat less and move more, despite all the emotions and events that take place in life. There is no magic diet or magic pill.

I still want to lose 15-20 more pounds and in order to that I have to have a plan and stick with it (no matter what comes my way). I have a diet that I did last year that is a three month plan. It's by Total Health and Fitness. It's pretty structured and I need that. I can have two cheat meals a week. I will plan my cheat meals according to my week.

Thanks Jenn for starting this blog. I look forward to hearing from all of you! Good Luck!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Alison...Thanks so much for your post! I really needed to hear that. I would love for you to post more about your 3-month diet...it sounds like something that I would really like. :)

    ReplyDelete